Salmon, Quinoa and Walnut Stuffed Avocados
Recipe courtesy of California Walnuts
Total time 30 minutes
Serving size 1/2 avocado, about 1/2 cup quinoa
Course Lunch, dinner
Quinoa is seasoned with a lemon vinaigrette and is tossed with walnuts and grilled salmon and is served in grilled avocado halves.
1 (8 -oz.) salmon fillet
3 large firm but ripe avocados
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, plus additional for garnish
1/3 cup minced red onion
Snipped fresh basil
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1. Cook salmon on a well-oiled grill over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until it’s cooked to your liking. Remove from grill and remove skin. Let cool then flake with a fork.
2. Cut avocados in half and carefully remove pits. Cook cut side down on a well -oiled grill over medium-high heat for 1 minute or until nicely grill marked.
3. Place quinoa, walnuts and onion in a large bowl.
4. Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and pour over quinoa mixture. Toss lightly to coat, then lightly stir in salmon.
5. Scoop mixture into avocado halves and top with basil. Garnish with additional walnuts, if desired.
© 2020 Patty Mastracco Food, Inc.